What we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated and energetic Communications Coordinator to join our busy team for 21 hours per week. Initially a 3-month, part-time temporary position and if you blow our socks off with your creative energy and passion for learning you could be with us full time, or even permanent.
What you will be doing:
• Drafting awesome content in the form of blog articles and social media posts that spark interest and engagement
• Supporting and coordinating social media campaigns that are well thought through and professionally executed
• Flexing your creative muscles on Canva to develop images and presentations
• Updating our project management tracker on Monday.com with an eye for detail and regard for realistic deadlines
• Making our clients feel special by engaging and supporting them with any email queries in a friendly and professional way
• On occasion participate in client calls and meetings either in person or via Zoom
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who wants to make an impact. This will be in the way you interact with our amazing clients, go over and above to support your colleagues and challenge everyone around you to be better by thinking creatively and asking questions to learn more. We don’t want a passenger to sit in the back seat, we want someone right up here with us with energy, passion and a determination to be the best they can be.
You might be seeking your first role and a career in communications and marketing. A university degree is not essential, but a college qualification in a relevant subject or experience in a business or voluntary environment would be useful. We want someone who is eager to learn and supports our values of being curious (a nosey parker!), caring by being on top of your work and working as a team player and strives to be competent in everything that you do. We will support you every step of the way but we are seeking an independent thinker who uses their initiative.
We would like you to:
• Be confident – when communicating both in writing and verbally with clients and colleagues
• Be creative – in support of developing relevant social media content
• Be detail focussed – a keen eye for detail that will spot a typo or a double space
• Be thoughtful – by taking the time to consider the client’s audience, branding style and tone
• Be curious – ask questions, listen and learn. We don’t like echoes – repeating the same feedback is painful for all involved!
• Be on time – by managing your schedule so that deadlines are always met
• Be proud – only deliver work you are genuinely proud of
• Be resourceful – your own laptop and Wi-Fi access for the initial period would be helpful, but isn’t a deal breaker for the right person
• Be ready! – we’ll need you to start as soon as possible… and be ready to hit the ground running!
What you will get from us:
• A wage of £9.50 per hour (national living wage) which will be reviewed after 3 months
• Flexibility – we require you to work 21 hours per week at the moment. This could be 3 full days or a few hours each day, it’s up to you. We don’t really mind, so long as you don’t miss a deadline. You can work from home or the beach, the park… wherever you like! We do have an office in Stonehaven (South Aberdeenshire) where we have team meetings and the odd coffee and cake catch-up, but joining us virtually is OK too (but you’ll have to provide your own cake)
• The opportunity to make the role your own. We want you to love working here and we want to see that passion before we commit to more – you wouldn’t get married after the first date, right!?
• A chance to own it! We are open minded and open hearted. We will provide you the support, opportunity and mentoring to make this role your own. If you have the passion and energy, we will work as team to release your potential
Are you ready to join a team of curious communicators who enjoy a well-crafted communications strategy as much as winding down for cake and caramel macchiatos? Then this role might just be for you. We are nosey by nature and always want to know the ‘why’.
It’ll come as no surprise that we want to know why this role interests you and why you want to work with us. Dial-up your storytelling radar to full whack and send us your CV and covering letter. We can’t wait to hear from you.